Thursday, December 2, 2010

So the Table, ALMOST THERE!!!



So the table lives! I'm pretty much 3/4 done. The shape, the curves are all finalized. Now the hours of sanding and fine tuning. The table is beautiful but its time to add some soft spots and a coat of stain. I've been thinking about the colour, and a red oak is probably what ill end up with. a darker stain would wash out the lines of the wood so i think that's a no no. Hard clear varnish will be applied to finished the coat of the wood. I may you a tinted Varnish to break down the number of steps. I hope it goes well, the wood is glued with an unstainable glue, i've sanded enough so that any glue is below the surface, but as I've learnt with this project there is many wrenches thrown at you in design!!

No comments:

Post a Comment