Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Black Keys


So i know i haven't blogged in quite a bit but I've been trying to find something worth writing about. And I've found it.

The Black Keys have been around for about 10 years now, and for what reason i have never heard of them is a complete mystery. A soulful mix of blues and rock the Black Keys hit that uber rung of old school mixed with some new school tweaks. When i first listened to these guys i got that chill that usually get when I've found music that really does hit home with it lyrics and sound personally. I live a very chilled life, and like to live my life day to day by that motto.
This I could say is a very fitting soundtrack to my life.
The Black Keys were first introduced to me by a guy who came into Gul two days ago. We just got to talking about what music we liked at the moment. I said the southerner Lissie and he said the The Black Keys. I thought i was just going to be some little band no-one has heard of but after checking them out when i got home they are absolutely massive! The have a second band set up where they do collaborations with rap artists and that too, sound wicked!
So later on today I'm going to find they're tour schedule and see hats going on. Hopefully they'll either be coming to Winnipeg sometime soon, or somewhere close!

No comments:

Post a Comment