Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Racism....

Tooday i was a victim. Yes me the Canadian was a victim of Racism. I mean in full honesty the man was probably kidding but you could tell it was said with a little too much venom. He pretty much told me I didn't belong in England. Come on we live in a world where every country established country is multicultural. Plus who has ANY beef with a Canadian, maybe Russian because we kick their asses in hockey but seriously is the anything wrong with a Canadian.
Racism has been a big discussion for quite sometime. For example, it is actually racist to believe that the white population of the US is going to become extinct and whites have to fight back? I think so, let nature take its course, skin colour has nothing ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with anything any more. The only people who actually care about the skin colour of a person are those who a under educated, unworldly, and ignorant in all things.
But this leads me to another question. Is it really racist to say such comments as the man above. I thought about this more when i got home and really asked my self if it was actually racist. I don't Canadians are a race but more so the man was ultimately rude, and uninviting.
Being for a country in which multiculturalism is HIGHLY and WIDELY accepted it was hard to take. I'm still not yet rounded on the all the words but I think i better word for it would be that the man was being over nationalistic. Meh, i think the next time someone is about to buy something from me and completely insult the land i call home, they won't be wearing those DuBarry's that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment