Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lissie Catching a Tiger

I think i have a knack for finding bands and artists that then become huge. It all started with My Chemical Romance, then Alexisonfire (they were pretty big before i got on them, but soon after listening and liking Alexis they got on national television) and on and on. But this one is new...

I literally found Lissie online on YouTube. She did a cover of Lady Gaga's Bad Romance. Instantly i became curious because i could hear something different about this girl. After listening to here newest single 'When I'm Alone' i became hooked. I don't know hcow many times i listened to that song that week but it must of been in the 30's.

Lissie brings something to the table that I've been waiting for a long time. Something new, something different but entirely perfect. Her high feminine notes are matched with masculine low notes which gives her a very unique and tuned voice.

On top of that she brings a bluegrass, rock and roll sound to the mix. A very old sound but introduced with a fresh set of lungs that really can belt it out. All in all she is a wonderful artist and has amazing sound, bringing it back to old school.

Lissie's "When I'm Alone" can be found on YouTube

I'm just glad we have a artist in this world that understands something must be done about these cookie cutter pop artists that release a new single every week only because they're sound isn't timeless but is for the moment. All props to Lissie and returning us to good music.

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment